In a modern Canadian house, regardless of its size, number of storeys and location, verandas have long become an integral part of the recreation area, where you can hide from noise, bad weather or the scorching sun, enjoy the fresh air and at the same time remain within the territory of home comfort. Most often, open schemes of verandas are performed, without insulation and arrangement of capital double windows.
There are several types of verandah designs:
- open verandas
- closed verandas (with windows)
- insulated verandas
- unheated verandas.
The design of the veranda opens up ample opportunities for the implementation of various ideas, for example, you can install a fireplace on it. The veranda can also be used as a kitchen, dining room or even a living room.
Stages of building a veranda
- preliminary marking of the veranda area
- foundation laying (concrete blocks, concrete piles, screw piles)
- creation of the frame of the building
- Bottom strapping
- Installing racks
- floor installation
- roof installation
- finishing and installation of handrails
The most suitable material for the floor of the veranda is considered to be a larch board, since it has many positive characteristics:
- not susceptible to the appearance of mold, insects and fungi, and also tolerates moisture well;
- has a beautiful woody structure;i
- t is easy to treat with protective compounds.
Another practical option is to use an artificial flooring material such as a decking, which is especially suitable for an open veranda.
At Reno.Unique you can order the construction of an open veranda of any configuration made of impregnated brown pine, cedar or larch. But we recommend that you pay attention to the Trex composite board.